Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 19: More Energy

Meal 1: Kalua Pork?
Meal 2: Pumpkin pancakes w/ coconut oil and crushed pecans, banana
Meal 3: Kalua Pork, Romaine lettuce, tomato, and spaghetti squash

I seriously can't remember what I ate. I should start writing it down. Although, I don't know if it would be relative since it's Whole30 compliant! Minus the veggies I can't believe I only have 11 more days to go! Then I can start adding in dairy, one day, and wait a couple of days to see if there are any allergies. I want to just keep going on this because I feel great the way things are!

So, the pumpkin pancakes weren't as good as I was hoping! Probably because there's no sugar in it, ha ha! I just can't stand the texture and ALL those eggs! 4 eggs and 4 egg whites!? I should have found a different recipe, but now I know not to make any recipe with too many eggs. I hate eggs!! It tasted like egg powder or something. Coconut flour isn't all that awesome, ha ha! But, it's better than flour.

That pork sure was amazing, though! Obviously.. I ate it for 2 days straight! And that spaghetti squash.. mmm! I need more! And I need to figure out how to cook it in the crockpot first and THEN slice it open!

Amber and I went to Wegman's about dinnertime. I got more sausage! Yesss! That is exactly what my panned cakes needed.

I love being off of sugar. I think that's the majority of what's making me feel so energized. Well, I could just be pulling that out of a hat, but I don't miss it. Honey has always been sweet for me, but even more so now. I can live without the sugar added into food, processed food now disgusts me, and not having dairy hasn't been too difficult for me either. It'd be nice to have cheese once in a while, but I don't get cravings for it. Amber and I were discussing the top 4 foods that we miss. Like, fast food chains.. McD's fries sure are good! But, I can totally give those up!

Anyway, I love this diet... if you want a challenge, try Whole30! (Read "It Starts With Food" first.) I never cared to read labels, but holy cow... some of the things they put in food really are just added grossness. ;)

On that note, I am past my bedtime AGAIN... goodnight!

2 comments:

jen said...

I agree. I have basically cut out sugar and eat little processed foods and I have way more energy. I blame the sugar.

Suzie said...

I found a pretty good pumpkin pancake recipe that called for 1 egg. I'll try to find it and send it to you.