Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 12: Another Amazing Day

I can't believe how {awesome} I have been feeling today! My arms were weak today, but at least they weren't tingling! Nothing bothering my legs (until later today from using the Heel-Toe Express), I had a slight headache, but I think that was from sleeping with my hair in a ponytail and the hair elastic was hurting my neck. I hopped out of bed at 7 (not really; still takes me a minute to actually work my way out of bed) and cooked up breakfast for everyone. I'm awesome, I know. I was doing dishes, getting Joey dressed, I read 20+ books to Jae that we got from the library, and by 10am I had it. Naptime was totally needed.

After a nap I had Jimmy make the boys lunch since I did breakfast. :)  I made my own lunch, though. I should write down what I have in order to blog it. >.<

Meal 1: Steak, salad something or other?
Meal 2: Hamburger and some salad and whatever?
Meal 3: I had a soup that was made by a sweet Sister and friend in my ward. She even made a dessert-like muffin for me! I'm saving those for breakfast tomorrow! It had raisins and dried apples in it and it was SO, so sweet! It tasted awesome, though! She made some rice and brown rice for the boys; so thoughtful! I wish I could eat that. It's the #1 food on my list to add back in. March 23, but who's keeping track? ;) I also made me a salad and some green beans sauteed with ghee and garlic. Yeah, I decided to put tomatoes and ghee back into my diet. I figured it wouldn't hurt since I've been feeling so {fabuloso}!

Some of you wanted the paleo mayonnaise recipe I had talked about on FB. I also heard of this blogger from Whole9's website: nomnompaleo.com. (I'm going to try this when I get some cauliflower. Or, maybe I still have some. IDK, ever since this diet my fridge has been stuffed full of fruits and veggies. Not a bad thing, right?) Anyway, the nomnompaleo chica has a bunch of different recipes and different twists to do to mayo to zest it up.

With this recipe, you can make ranch and an avocado dressing. I'm excited to make those tomorrow!

{mayonnaise--paleo style}
1 large egg
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 cup + 1 cup light-tasting olive oil

Put the egg and lemon yuice into a blender or food processor and let it sit for 30 minutes to get to room temp. Add dry mustard, salt, and 1/4 c. oil and mix it. Once it's smooth, slowly add the remaining oil as it blends.


 (sorry for the lame pictures; I'm not a food photographer. Oh, I'm not a photographer in general.)

So, I just realized I used Olive Oil, not light-tasting and I forgot 1/4 cup of it in the process. Ha ha! Well, it tastes great to say the least! I'm pretty dang proud of myself. I used a Magic Bullet, so I couldn't slowly pour the rest of the oil in. I had to stop it, pour 1/4 cup in at a time and mix. But, it actually tastes pretty good!

{family outing}
We got a check from our electric company for a refund for conserving energy last month. A whole $2.08. Don't spend it all in one place!
  Jimmy's first though was to buy a pizza slice at Costco (which he did). Yeah, he's not quite on this diet, but like I said... we're getting there. He says he can't stand the almond flour, but he'll get used to it. :)  I told him that if he grew up on almond flour he may think regular flour was gross. >.<

We drove out to Boiling Springs. We've never been there before and Jimmy has been itching to take us there and check it out. It was FREEZING so I didn't last very long. The water boils. Something, sulfur, something. Jimmy was explaining it to me; obviously I listen real well.


 Jimmy was excited to see a swan:

 Jae requested going to a park. So, we did.

Me, feelin' awesome:


We showed Amber and Chad around Costco and got some groceries for ourselves. They boys didn't want to sit in the cart anymore, so they helped push it:

We finally got home and I was able to eat some yummy soup as mentioned previously:

A good day had by all! It's already late and I need to get to bed. I hope I can continue to have this energy I have and to feel good. Right now I still get tired mid-morning and afternoon. I fell asleep in the car on the way to Costco. It's a 25 minute drive. >.<

Tomorrow is a snow day (5-8 inches), so I think I will be making some Thank You cards with my boys! Thank you all for your support!

Jimmy would totally think I'm awesome for posting this. Ha ha! We watch an anime called "Fairy Tail" and it can get really cheesy. Lines about strength coming from friends. But, I found this one:
"Weaklings will stay weak forever. But weakness is not evil, since human beings are weak creatures to begin with. Alone, you feel nothing but insecurity; that's why we form guilds, that's why we have friends. We walk together in order to live a strong life. The clumsy ones will walk into more walls than the others, and it may also take them longer to get there. If you believe in tomorrow and put yourself out there, you can naturally obtain your strength. That's how you will be able to smile and live strong."
Makarov Dreyar, Fairy Tail

No comments: