Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 6: 29 Gifts

Meal 1: Almond pancakes with coconut oil (I really need to buy or make some ghee) and... a side of... shredded chicken. /rolls eyes  I know, I know... sounds so gross! I keep telling myself that I need to go to the store so I can mix things up. I need to make some mayo, ranch dip, and avocado dip!
Meal 2: I do not remember and maybe I just snacked. :|  I had a peach with Jae and a handful of mac nuts. Mmm, I love mac nuts! I probably had something else; I just don't remember.
Meal 3: Chicken stew. It was more or less beef stew, just with chicken instead. A wonderful sister in the ward brought it by!  (I am starting to leave names out; perhaps they would want their acts of service anonymous. Don't worry, I have their names for Thank You notes.)

So, this morning I woke up and my legs felt heavier than they've ever been. I didn't get out of bed until 10:30. I went into the bathroom and was so lightheaded and I experienced some (heart) palpitations. Not a big deal, probably just didn't give myself enough time to get out of bed. A sister in the ward was going to get my boys and watch them for a few hours so I could rest. I let her know that my boys were sick and I didn't want to spread the germs, so I was bummed that didn't work out. SO grateful for her willingness to serve, though! She even asked if she could help clean or anything. She is signed up for next week as well to watch the boys, so I hope they don't pick up any sicknesses from church. I may just have to put Thieves on their feet for a week even if they're fine.

My arms are getting weaker, but still a little functional. I lose more and more patience with my boys, which is sad! I'm in bed most of the day and can't get myself to interact with them. However, Jae wanted to make a birthday hat (I forgot to take a picture), so we made a birthday hat. (He wants it to be his "birday" right now and always asks, "Isit my birday yet?") I was so impressed that he constructed it himself; he colored the cutest designs on it, cut the foam, and taped it together himself! And then he was upset because it wasn't "wound" like a birthday hat. So, I un-taped it and fixed it.

Jimmy got home at 12:30 and made the kids lunch, did 7 loads of laundry, and helped me with folding the laundry. I guess I should think how he's feeling as he pointed out to me today that I wasn't the only tired one. Oops. Thankful for him for helping out!

{over-analyzing}

So.. as miserable as I've been feeling, I couldn't help but to ignore my own FB post about not asking "why me," but "why not me?"  I was getting depressed thinking I'm never going to get better, and that I'll never have kids again, I'll never feel well enough to take care of and teach the kids I already have, and not be a better homemaker. (I read a bunch of General Conference talks from November's 2009 Ensign last night and I feel like I'm not doing my job; ha, I know I'm not doing my job, but I'd like a second chance.) I just randomly selected an issue on Jimmy's phone... I chose November 2009 because it was the GC after Jae was born. Anyway, today I kept wondering if this Epstein-Barr Virus is something more like Lyme's or Guillian Barré. I know, just go to another doctor... Well, I'm sticking to this diet for 30 days to see if I'm feeling any better. By 30 days I should be a month away from seeing the Naturopath and we'll take things from there.  Earlier today I remembered a book that I started reading that my mom got me for Christmas. (Yeah, ADD.. haven't finished it yet. On page 64.) It's called 29 Gifts by Cami Walker.
Click here to find out more about this book.
I'm telling you, my mom gives the best books!

{I'm awesome}

I'm excited to finish reading this and continue with my own 29 Gifts challenge. In fact, I totally think this is a legit gift today:

I watched my friend's girl today so my friend could pack for a 3-month trip back to her motherland. I had sent her a text telling her that the kids are fine and she can take more time if she needed to. She was only an hour longer, but she was able to get all her packing finished! My friend knows I'm not well and was double checking with me to make sure it was OK. I admit that I just sat on the couch, but enjoyed watching the kids play together.

I will add my gifts on my newest tab called "29 Gifts" in case you want to follow that.

On that note, I promised my friend that I would start an earlier bedtime. I didn't think about a night's sleep being rest as well. I rest a lot during the day w/ naps and keeping myself from doing too much, but didn't think about a good night's sleep. So, I need to get to bed earlier. 10:30PM, just like it was as a missionary.

Goodnight!

P.S. We all have our trials and this is just one of mine I need to work through.. with help, of course! I hope you don't think I'm seeking for attention or needing sympathy; so.. don't feel all sorry and mushy stuff like that. I'm independent, stubborn, and I will get through this. ;) Love you!

No comments: