Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 1: With A Little Help From My Friend[s]

So, I felt miserable this morning with a sore throat and feeling very tired. I didn't eat breakfast, but I will start tomorrow! Bonnie came by this morning and cooked up a storm! I am so grateful for her service to me! I just hope she had energy herself to continue her day.

She brought over a yummy Crockpot Chicken Curry dinner that cooked for a few hours and in the meantime, she cooked a delicious Whole Greek Chicken with Roasted Garlic in the oven (this is seriously the best chicken I've ever had. I will post the recipe below), chicken broth/soup, and a couple burgers (one to save for tomorrow; but Jimmy ended up eating it because I told him how good it was). She had broth going and we added chicken juices; it was so yummy! I bagged up the broth so I can have it for breakfast or whatever meal. (In the book they call it Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3; so you don't limit what you eat for mealtimes.) After Bonnie left, I was going to boil the chicken bones, etc. I was too wiped out (probably from watching her cook!), so that will be a project for me tomorrow. I still need to get more chicken off the bones, too.


Meal 1: Skipped.
Meal 2: Bonnie cooked me a hamburger with sauteed mushrooms and onions served on lettuce. It was great! Seriously, I owe her!
Meal 3: Crockpot Chicken Curry. The chicken was so tender, the curry was mild, and the carrots, onions, and celery were amazing! I cooked a pot of rice for the boys, and I just ate mine plain. Jimmy isn't a fan of curry, but he ate it with no complaints.

I bought the boys coconut milk and wasn't sure if they'd drink it or not. (A straw is always an incentive!) Jae loves it and even Joey will drink it. I, myself, have not had more than a taste and Jimmy tasted it, but not enough to "taste" it. (If that makes sense.)

Not only did Bonnie feed me today, but she gave me some food for my spirit as well! Some good reads to strengthen my spirit and some good cookbooks with recipes to cook to strengthen my body.

(picture wouldn't rotate)

Thank you, Bonnie! I'm so grateful to know you and meet you! It's just what I needed today; to talk, start figuring out a system, get meal ideas, and motivation. Of course, there is always the interwebs... my Aunt Sheila told me about http://www.elanaspantry.com.  One of the books in the photo I posted is by Elana Amsterdam.

I'm not supposed to create "desserts" with the food allowed in this diet. I don't have a sweet tooth anyway, so it's easy to pass on desserts. I did, however, sneak 3 almonds in when I was getting the boys to bed.

It was a {great} day... tiring, but great to get things rolling! I pray for strength, health, and energy every day. I hope it comes within this month. Even if it's not 100% by the end, I know there will be SOME improvement during all this.

And, of course I can't post this without thinking of The Beatles (see blog title). :)
Recipe for Whole Greek Chicken with Roasted Garlic
The skin gets so crunchy and so full of flavor. SO good! Make it.. right now!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Yay for Bonny helping you get going! What a great friend! Can't wait to hear how day 2 went!